VISA LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES SWEEPSTAKES FOR
PSCU FINANCIAL SERVICES FOR CREDIT CARD USERS
1. NO PURCHASE, CREDIT CARD, OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NON-PURCHASE ENTRIES AND PURCHASE ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Visa London 2012 Olympic Games Sweepstakes for PSCU Financial Services for Credit Card Users (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of February 1, 2012. Commercial card eligibility is subject to employer policies regarding Sweepstakes participation. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees of PSCU Financial Services, Inc., the International Olympic Committee (“IOC”), U.S. Olympic Committee (“USOC”), the Organizing Committee for the London 2012 Olympic Games, all members of participating national teams and their individual athletes, Visa Inc., Visa U.S.A. Inc. (“Sponsor”), Visa International Service Association, and their respective successors, affiliates, and client financial institutions, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies, Tenthwave Digital LLC and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees (collectively, “Releasees”), and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, and siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on February 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on April 30, 2012 (“Promotional Period”). One (1) Grand Prize and ten (10) First Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period.
4. TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotional Period: 1) Automatic Entry: An eligible Visa credit cardholder with a Visa credit card issued by PSCU financial services will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each purchase made with an eligible PSCU issued Visa credit card within the United States during the Promotional Period. Purchases of goods and services must be at a participating merchant location in the United States. Certain restrictions may apply. Only eligible Visa purchases or payments made with a PSCU issued Visa credit card that is not in default under the customer agreement for that account and issued by a participating PSCU financial institution in the U.S., processed through Visa U.S.A. Inc.'s transaction-processing system during the Promotional Period, are eligible for automatic entry. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a particular cardholder entry, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary person in whose name the card used to enter the Sweepstakes was issued. Account adjustment transactions/returns, cash advances, balance transfers, non-U.S.-dollar purchases, Interlink®-processed transactions, purchases authorized by entering a PIN (personal identification number), payment of late fees or over-limit fees, and Visa health and benefit cards are excluded from automatic entry. Other restrictions may apply. Visa cards or card numbers that are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible for automatic entry. Automatic entries must be made by 11:59:59 PM PT on April 30, 2012, in order to be eligible. 2) To enter without making a purchase or having a PSCU issued Visa credit card by U.S. Mail: You may enter the Sweepstakes without making a purchase or payment using a PSCU issued Visa credit card via U.S. Mail by hand-printing your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code) on a 3" x 5" card, and mailing, in a #10 envelope with postage affixed, to: Visa London 2012 Olympic Games Sweepstakes for PSCU Financial Services for Credit Card Users: , P.O. Box 923, Plainview, NY 11803-0923. Each mail-in entry will count as one (1) entry into the drawing. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by April 30, 2012, and received by May 7, 2012 in order to be eligible. Enter as often as you wish; however, each mail-in entry must be mailed in a separate, postmarked-and-stamped envelope. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, postage-due or inaccurate and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about May 14, 2012, from among all eligible automatic and mail-in entries received and combined. The random drawing will be conducted by Tenthwave Digital LLC, an independent judging organization. Judges’ and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by overnight or U.S. Mail and/or telephone or email on or about May 14, 2012. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, a publicity release where legal, and federal and state tax releases, and return these documents, properly executed, via fax, within forty-eight (48) hours of notification and via U.S. Mail within five (5) days of date of issuance of notification. Potential First Prize winners may be required to verify their mailing address prior to issuance of prizes. Non-compliance within this time frame and/or with these Official Rules; Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period; or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable will result in such potential winners’ disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion and time permitting, the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of First Prizes.
6. ODDS: Estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1: 25,253,773; odds of winning a First Prize are 1:2,535,377; however, the actual odds of winning any prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
7. PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS: One (1) Grand Prize: A four (4) day/three (3) night trip for two (2) to London, England to attend the London 2012 Olympic Games including roundtrip air transportation (coach class) for the winner and one (1) guest from the major U.S. gateway airport nearest winner’s home to London, hotel accommodations (one (1) standard room, double occupancy), ground transportation in London to/from airport, daily breakfast, tickets to Olympic Events for two (2) people (exact events are at the discretion of Sponsor), a Visa Gift Card valued at USD$500 for winner only (denominated in British Pounds to be provided at check-in), One day access pass for winner and guest to USA House ,and a Visa U.S. Olympic Games merchandise item for the winner only (to be selected by Sponsor, in its sole discretion). Winner will also receive $5,550 cash (awarded as a check) that may be used toward the payment of taxes. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is USD$18,050. Ten (10) First Prizes: A USD$100 Visa Gift Card. ARV: USD$100 each. Total ARV of all prizes is USD$19,050. Actual retail value of Grand Prize depends upon the winner’s point of departure and existing rates at the time of travel, and any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value if any, will not be awarded. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must be able to travel on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected at the discretion of the Sponsor. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18) unless child or legal ward of winner, and will be required to execute and return a travel release prior to issuance of travel documents. If guest is child or legal ward of winner, winner will be required to execute and return such documents on behalf of such child or legal ward. Travel arrangements will be made through the travel coordinator and on carrier(s) designated by Sponsor. Trip is subject to air/hotel availability and other conditions and restrictions. Airline and flight times to be selected by air supplier and/or Sponsor at its sole discretion. One or more stopovers may be required on air transportation. Winner and his/her guest must travel together at the same time on the same itinerary. Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. Once trip dates have been booked, no change, extension or substitution of trip dates is permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. No extension or change of trip dates permitted. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates, gift cards, or similar items once they are in winner’s possession or in the possession of any guest. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions, or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers, including any results thereof, such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of the prize. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the affidavit and release and/or prize travel documents. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest are responsible for obtaining travel documents including passports as well as travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance), that they may wish to obtain (at their own expense) prior to travel and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. It is the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and his/her guest to arrive at the designated U.S. gateway airport in time for each flight. In the event that the London 2012 Olympic Games are cancelled or postponed for any reason whatsoever, no compensation or substitution will be provided for the “event” portion of the trip; however, the balance of the prize will be awarded in full satisfaction of prize award. Seat locations for all events will be determined by Sponsor. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by the IOC, the Organizing Committee and USOC. Visa Gift cards are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by Visa. Grand Prize winner and guest must comply with all venue, stadium, and event rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion(s) of prize. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or deny entry to winner and/or his/her guest who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at any event. Tickets to the London 2012 Olympic Games must be accepted as awarded and are subject to all of the applicable terms and conditions prescribed to such tickets from time to time by the Organizing Committee for the London 2012 Olympic Games. Such terms and conditions are contained in the Ticket License Agreement (which can be reviewed at www. pscufs.com/visalondon.com) and on the back of the physical ticket (once issued), and include prohibitions against any use of the ticket in connection with any commercial promotion or contest (without the consent of the Organizing Committee) and the unauthorized sale of the ticket in excess of face value of the ticket. By accepting tickets as a prize and/or as part of a promotion, the holder is deemed to have accepted all of the applicable terms and conditions. If any part of an event is unable to take place as planned for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts, or an event of force majeure, the remaining components of the prize will be awarded and Sponsor’s obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation or substitution will be provided. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfer of a prize is permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole discretion, except as otherwise provided herein. All federal, state, and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically stated within these Official Rules as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the winner, including, without limitation, additional transportation, meals, luggage fees, gratuities, and souvenir expenses that may be incurred by the Grand Prize winner. Grand Prize may not be transferred or substituted except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If Grand Prize winner is at least 18 years of age but still considered a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein. Such parent or legal guardian will also be required to accompany minor winner on trip as his/her guest. Any and all guarantees and warrantees associated with merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and winners agree to look solely to said manufacturer for any such warranty or guarantee claim. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) First Prize per person, per family and per household.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding. By accepting a prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Sponsor, or any party designated by the Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants release and hold harmless Releasees from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of a prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss of damage to property; and claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes.
9. GENERAL: Sponsor will collect information from the entrants solely for the purpose of the prize drawings and to notify each winner. Sponsor will not share this information with any third party, except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes or winner notification as applicable, nor attempt to contact entrant, unless entrant has agreed to receive further information on Sponsor’s products and promotions. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, undelivered, damaged, delayed, garbled, postage-due, or stolen mail, entries or transactions; for transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any error or problem that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, the cancellation or postponement of any event, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes at any time without notice, if in the judges’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may void any entries it suspects are at issue and, at its discretion, if terminated, award the prizes in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage the web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of California.
11. WINNERS’ LIST: To obtain the names of the winners, available after June 30, 2012, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope by June 30, 2012, to: Visa London 2012 Olympic Games Sweepstakes for PSCU Financial Services for Credit Card Users, P.O. Box 913, Bethpage, NY 11714-0913.
12. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Visa U.S.A. Inc., P.O. Box 8999, San Francisco, CA 94128-8999. The administrator of this Sweepstakes is Tenthwave Digital LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 207W, Melville, NY 11747.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: NO PURCHASE, CREDIT CARD, OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. No entrant has yet won. (1) Grand Prize: A trip for two (2) to London, England to attend the London 2012 Olympic Games. (ARV: $18,050). Ten (10) First Prizes: A $100 Visa Gift Card. ARV: $100 each. Total ARV of all prizes is $19,050. The estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1: 25,253,773; odds of winning a First Prize are 1: 2,535,377; however, the actual odds of winning a prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Automatic entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT on April 30, 2012, in order to be eligible. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by April 30, 2012 and received by May 7, 2012 in order to be eligible. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on February 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on April 30, 2012 (“Promotional Period”). See Official Rules above for complete details, including prize restrictions. Sponsored by Visa U.S.A. Inc., P.O. Box 8999, San Francisco, CA 94128-8999.